Italian chicken, lentil and vegetable soup
hearty and flavorful broth loaded with tender chicken, Washington grown lentils and plenty of vegetables.
- 3 strips thick sliced peppered bacon
- 2 medium carrots
- peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion
- peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 C diced cooked chicken meat
- 1 C lentils
- 2 C assorted vegetables
- cut into bite sized pieces (peas
- green beans
- cabbage...anything you like)
- 5 C chicken or vegetable stock
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown the bacon in the skillet, then add the carrots, cooking for a few minutes. Then add the onion, celery and dry herbs. Cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Add tomato paste (pincer) and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
In Crock pot, add lentils, chicken, vegetables and stock. Then add bacon/mirepoix/tomato mixture. stir well and cook on high in crock pot for 2 hours or until lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve piping hot with crusty bread, parmesan cheese and black pepper.
You'll also love
- VEGETABLE SOUP 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps 2.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Grandma Louise’s Pizza Dough 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Corn Soup 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Veggie Bars 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry soup 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Urad Dal Vadai 2.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.