Grandma Louise’s Pizza Dough
- 10 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the flour in a huge bowl.
In a big glass measuring cup, put the yeast, sugar, and some water (maybe about 4 oz), to let the yeast ‘proof’. Put it aside for a few minutes until you see it proofed.
Empty the proofed yeast into the flour.
Slowly add the water and start kneading the dough – put as much water in as needed. Don’t overwork the dough, as it will get tough and not stretch.
Once the dough is smooth (you’ll get a workout!), rub the oil outside of the dough.
Cover the bowl with a dishtowel and place it somewhere warm (maybe in the oven) for a couple of hours, until it doubles in size.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!