Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
- 1-2 pounds boneless
- skinless chicken breasts
- cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 (16 oz) box rotini pasta
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place cubed chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with water and dry Italian salad dressing. Stir. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic for a couple of minutes. Add soup, broth and cream cheese to sauce pan. Stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add soup mixture to slow cooker, cover and cook on low setting for an additional hour. Do not cook for more than an hour. Creamy mixtures do not sit well in slow cookers for long periods of time.
Add cooked pasta to slow cooker just before serving. Mix thoroughly.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (240 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni 2.8/5 (266 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Dough in Bread machine 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.