This is a go-to, easy, but yummy meal. All you have to do is brown the taco meat. Everything else is pre-made. You just throw it in the oven and it's done!
- 1 Package of 100% corn tortillas
- 2lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 bag Mexican style shredded cheese
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large jar of black bean and white corn salsa ( I prefer the Walmart brand)
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 1 small can of sliced olives
- shredded lettuce, chopped onions, and chopped tomatoes for topping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Brown the beef or turkey with the taco seasoning.Add the black beans and stir for a few minutes.
In a buttered casserole dish, put a thin layer of meat and beans and salsa, then cover with tortillas. repeat the layers, putting in about half the cheese. The top should be covered with the other half of cheese and olives. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the mixture is bubbly. Take out of the oven and tip with tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. Serve each piece drizzled with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.