My Grandmother's Mexican Supper Recipe
This is an easy, yummy weeknight dinner everyone loves! My grandmother passed away when I was a little girl so I love to make her recipes and even just read them because they are written in her hand.
- 1 lb. pork sausage, 1 cup diced green pepper, 1 cup diced onion, 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 2 cups elbow macaroni, 2 cups sour cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix and cook together in skillet pork until brown and peppers and onions are tender. Add 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon chili powder, stir in two cups uncooked elbow macaroni. Cover, turn heat to low temperature until macaroni is cooked. Add 2 cups sour cream. Simmer covered twenty minutes.
You may want to adjust seasonings to your own taste. You can also use stewed tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes. I add grated cheese to the top after cooking.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.