Jalapeno Cilantro Salad Dressing
A delicious, healthy salad dressing with a Mexican twist that is great for any season. This easy-to-make dressing is great on top of mixed greens, spinach or kale.
- 1 jalapeño (de-seeded)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh is best!)
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch of cilantro (about a cup - just use the leaves, the stems make the dressing too clumpy)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 8mins
Cost Average budget
- Chop garlic, ginger
- Juice lemon and lime
- Tear the leaves off the cilantro bunch.
Add all the ingredients, except the olive oil to a food processor. Put the lid on, turn the blender on and slowly start to add the olive oil while the mixture is blending all together. Adding the oil like this helps create a nice creamy, smooth dressing.
Once all blended, take off the lid, add salt and pepper to taste and voila - a delicious, healthy salad dressing.
I like to keep deseeded jalapeños and garlic cloves in the freezer so I can add them to any meal at any time and they won't go bad. So for this recipe, I heat up the jalapeño and garlic clove in about a tsp of olive oil on the stove top, essentially creating "roasted garlic + jalapeños" for this recipe. You can also add them to the recipe fresh - just a little trick I have!
After the jalapeño and garlic have browned and thawed (about 8-10 mins on high heat), add them to the food processor with all the ingredients except the olive oil.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn The ULTIMATE recipe for DETOX WATER 4.9/5 (232 Votes)
- Tandoori Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Corn Chips 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Layered Bean Dip 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Pomme Mousseline 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- bacon wrapped cream cheese... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Salad- Almond & sesame Topped 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.