This is really a recipe for shortcut butter chicken, but we still insist on calling it Tandoori Chicken.
- -2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- -tandoori spice mix
- -chili powder
- -2 cloves of garlic
- -400g Greek yogurt
- -a handful of fresh coriander, chopped finely
- -the juice of half a lemon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the chicken into pieces. In a bowl, add the chicken, lemon juice, tandoori spice and chili powder until the chicken is fully coated and red in color. Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes minimum.
When the chicken is done marinated, add the yogurt and stir well to coat.
In a pan, heat some vegetable oil or ghee, add the chicken with the yogurt sauce and cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
When the chicken is done, add the freshly chopped coriander, stir once, and serve on top of basmati rice.
It's nice to serve fresh yogurt on the side.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.