- 12 small fresh onions
- 6 baby carrots
- 12 young turnips
- 6 mini cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lemon (organic)
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- cilantro leaves
- scant 1 cup of dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the vegetables, leaving a few leaves. Rinse well with water. Cut the pepper lengthwise, taking care to remove the seeds and white filaments. Cut the lemon into thin half-slices after washing thoroughly rinsed.
Heat oil, wine, coriander seeds, salt and pepper in a skillet. Add the sliced lemons. Bring to a boil, then add carrots and onions. Boil 5 minutes before adding turnips, cauliflower and peppers. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool. Add the cilantro leaves and reserve in refrigerator.
These vegetables can be eaten cold or as part of an appetizer or as an accompaniment to meat or cold fish.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (177 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (236 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (235 Votes)
- Carrots with Curry 5/5 (38 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables 3.1/5 (202 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3.1/5 (205 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tomatoes are delicious and a great part of a healthy diet. With our video we teach you the easiest way to quickly de-seed and dice a tomato, so that it's ready in no time!