Harvest Apple Casserole
- Turnip Layer
- 1 small turnip- peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Apple Layer
- 2 small apples- peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350F; butter a casserole dish (or spray with Pam) and set aside.
Peel and dice turnip and place in a large pot.Cover with cold, lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
Boil until turnip is tender then drain and return to the pot. Mash turnip with the 1 tbsp butter and cream.
Peel apples, core, and slice. stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and the cinnamon.
In prepared casserole dish, layer 1/3 of the turnip, then half the sliced apples, then 1/3 of the turnip, then the remaining apples, then the remaining turnip; smooth top.
combine topping ingredients in a small bowl until they are crumbly; sprinkle over top of turnip.
Bake in preheated oven for one hour; serve.
You'll also love
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Yucca Flower Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- End of line Ham casserole - crock... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- CHEESY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fruit and Cinnamon Smoothies 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Potato & Tomato Soup 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Soup diet 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.