Just like grandmas
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Creamed Butter
- plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- 4 cups Peeled
- cord and sliced baking apples
- ½ cup Apple Cider or Juice
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter or spray a 1.5 quart casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, cream together 1/2 sugar with 1/4 cup creamed butter.
In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with them milk.
Mix by hand so as not to over-beat the dough.
In a large bowl, combine the apples with remaining
1/4 cup sugar, the apple juice or cider, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Spread the batter on the bottom of the prepared dish.
Pour the fruit over the batter, spreading evenly.
Dot the apples with the 2 tablespoons of butter and bake for one hour.
Add some vanilla ice cream and yum yum!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.