Yucca Flower Potato Salad
- yucca flowers
- red potatoes
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Find your yucca plants! Be careful not to get pricked or poked by the leaves in the process. Pick the best looking flowers that haven't completely opened, and that are not laden with bugs.
Pick off just the petals from the yucca flower. Discard the rest. Wash the petals off, and blanch them for a few minutes.
Marinate the cooked petals in lemon juice, oil, garlic powder, and salt.
Chop your asparagus and potatoes into bite sized pieces. In a large pot of salted water, cook the asparagus for just a few minutes. Remove from water, set aside, add potatoes and cook until tender.
Go ahead and make the salad dressing. Mix together dijon, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little oil.
When the potatoes are done, add them to the bowl with the asparagus. Mix well. Add chopped chives and marinated yucca petals. Mix and add salad dressing. Toss and serve warm or chilled.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.