Green Bean Soup
- - 1 1/2 lbs of green beans and butter beans cut into pieces
- - 2 large potatoes sliced
- - 1 1/2 lbs of chopped tomatoes
- - 1 onion
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - Bay leaf
- - Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
- Saute chopped onion, potatoes, bay leaf and garlic in olive oil
- Add beans and tomatoes and cover with water
- Cook 45 minutes
- Season and add the basil
*You can also add chopped croutons.
You'll also love
- caulifolwer hot wing bites 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- Cannelloni with Goat Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Oven Baked Potatoes 4/5 (64 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh Red Bean and Beef Chili 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3/5 (141 Votes)
- Terrine of chicken with pesto 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Tagine of lamb chops with... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!