Dad's Homemade Chili Con Carne
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- 2 lb ground beef
- 3 cans kidney beans
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 frozen chili block
- 1 lg can tomato juice
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 3 stalks celery chopped fine
- chili powder to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Brown ground beef. Drain.
In a large pot, combine other ingredients. Add ground beef. Cook over medium heat until done.
You'll also love
- Simply Spaghetti with a twist 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Ziti 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- white bean 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Choco chip Whip 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Inside-out Beef Wellington Bites 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Baked Ravioli 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ugg's smoked apple cider 4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe