Ugg's smoked apple cider
A good hearty drink, done on a smoker or open pit bbq.
- Two jugs of local apple cider
- 2 bottles of cinnamon sticks
- 4 tbsp of cloves
- 4 oranges peeled and sliced
- 4 apples cored and sliced
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and section 4 oranges. Core and slice 4 apples. Add apples , oranges, cloves and cinnamon sticks to 2 jugs of apple cider in a large campfire safe stock pot.
Cover stock pot and set on bbq grill or open pit bbq. allow to sit four hours, stirring occaisonally, while keeping fire going.
Serve in cup and add a cinnamon stick to the cup from the cider. They will be floating on the top!
While we use a fire or bbq grill, this can also be accomplished on a stove top but the results do not yeild the same smoky flavor.
You'll also love
- Aunt Cheri's Salad Dressing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Hearty Meatloaft with Spinach and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Green Mango Iced Tea 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cutie Citrus Crush 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Caribbean Pie 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Peach Mojito 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Welcome Autumn Apple Cider 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- buffalo milk drink 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.