By Marion , blog Socca
- 4-5 oz firm tofu Nature
- 1 lime
- ½ onion
- 2 tsp mustard shave
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dried chili "cayenne"
- 1 small tomato
- chopped fresh cilantro, or coriander powder in a pinch
- Rice or quinoa
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Drain tofu and cut into cubes. Squeeze the lime and mix it with mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brush the tofu with the marinade and refrigerate. Mince the onion, add the remaining marinade and reserve it meld in the refrigerator.
Cut the pepper in half, remove seeds (reserve), this is enough to give the dish some heat. Cut the tomato into small pieces.
In a skillet, heat remaining olive oil. Saute the onions in the marinade, add the chilli seeds, tomato and sprinkle with coriander to taste. When the onions begin to become tender, add the tofu and simmer 15 minutes, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally to evenly brown the tofu. If the mixture gets dry, add a little water during cooking.
Serve hot with a grain (rice, quinoa ...)
You'll also love
- Apple Feta Cheese Crumble Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Vicki's Baked Beans 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Summer Vegetable Gratin 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Green Bean Salad with Goats Cheese 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Potato & Tomato Soup 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegetable Bayaldi 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Rabbit with maroilles cheese 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lime Rickey 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!