String beans with almonds, tomatoes and basil.
- white and green string beans-remove stems
- 2-3 tsp basil
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small package sliced almonds
- 3-5 strips bacon
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic-chopped
- salt (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Remove any stems from string beans. Steam until tender.
Sautee the chopped garlic and chopped onion.
Cook the bacon until desired consistency.
Brown the almonds in a small pan then set aside
Add cut up bacon, almonds, beans and sauteed garlic and onions to one large pan. Add the basil and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are peeling.
Cook beans until desired tenderness as well as the garlic and onion, and bacon. Cooking times vary depending on tenderness.
You'll also love
- Vegetable stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Oxtail Soup 4/5 (14 Votes)
- MMM Fried Rice 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hummus 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Almond and Pistachio Crusted... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Super Easy Broccoli Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Indian Rice Pudding 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!