String beans with almonds, tomatoes and basil.
- white and green string beans-remove stems
- 2-3 tsp basil
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small package sliced almonds
- 3-5 strips bacon
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic-chopped
- salt (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Remove any stems from string beans. Steam until tender.
Sautee the chopped garlic and chopped onion.
Cook the bacon until desired consistency.
Brown the almonds in a small pan then set aside
Add cut up bacon, almonds, beans and sauteed garlic and onions to one large pan. Add the basil and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are peeling.
Cook beans until desired tenderness as well as the garlic and onion, and bacon. Cooking times vary depending on tenderness.
You'll also love
- Italian Chicken Stew with Potatoes 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Spring Vegetable tartar 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Mamas seasoned potatoes 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Mixed Broccoli Salad with Grapes... 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon, tomato & avocado pasta salad 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Badam halwa 2.6/5 (126 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!