White Bean Chili
This is a hearty mexican vegetarian chili. It is smoky and rich.
- 2 pkg vegan chick'n strips
- 3 cans white kidney beans
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 jalapenos
- 2 banana peppers
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- to desired thickness
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Char peppers in oven. Let cool, peel, clean, chop. Brown chick'n.
Saute onions and garlic until caramelized. Blend 2 cans of beans including 1/2 can's juices.
Combine all ingredients except sour cream and chips, simmer 40 minutes. Add sour cream the last 5 minutes to avoid sauce breaking.
Serve with chips or cornbread.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (355 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (206 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Silly Salt Seasoning 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Domplines 4.3/5 (154 Votes)
- MEXICAN PIZZA 3.2/5 (240 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!