The best vegetarian mexican recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Mini Cherry Pies
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Vegetarian mexican recipes
Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and...
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Oregano,basil,thyme mix-2 tbsp
White Bean Chili
This is a hearty mexican vegetarian chili
- 2 pkg vegan chick'n strips
- 3 cans white kidney beans
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 jalapenos, diced
- 2 banana peppers
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth, to desired thickness
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Tortilla chips, to serve
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!