Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and cooked until the cheese melts. ...In simple language Quesadilla is a Mexican style stuffed paratha which has a yummy cheesy filling. Perfect for quick dinner
Check out more recipes from Merry Tummy ... Easy to exotic
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Oregano,basil,thyme mix-2 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a pan, saute the onions, mushrooms and green bell peppers until tender. Turn off heat. Add cabbage, tomatoes, salt, Oregano, basil, thyme mix and pepper and set aside this vegetable mixture.
Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
Take one flour tortilla and place it in the pan. Spread some butter/oil on the tortilla. Toast the tortillas for about 10 seconds each side until air pockets begin to form within the tortilla.
Spread about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture over one half of the tortilla. Add about a tablespoon of cheese on top of this vegetable mixture.
Fold the tortilla covering the mixture into a half moon shape or semi circle. Press down on the tortilla for a few seconds, allowing the cheese to melt.
Take the tortilla and toast in sandwich toaster-
If you don’t have a sandwich toaster like mine (grilled), then you can toast it in the pan itself till brown spots appear.
The stuffing for the quesadillas can be anything of your choice, cooked, uncooked, any vegetables like sweet corn, baby corn, carrots, peas, beans etc. Experimenting can be lot of fun.
-It is a very good snack for parties; just keep the stuffing ready and serve hot when guests arrive.
You'll also love
- Middle Eastern Style Cucumber... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Frankie - kathi roll 4.7/5 (4 Votes)
- Simply Beef Enchiladas 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Shrimp Cakes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Jambalaya 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Jamaican Curry 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!