The best healthy vegetarian ideas - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Healthy vegetarian recipes
Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and...
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- thyme mix-2 tbsp
5 Healthy, Ramadan-friendly Recipes
Muslim dietician Nour Zibdeh shares 5 HEALTHY recipes you're SURE to enjoy!
Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with Water Chestnuts
This wonderful salad is full of veggies and covered in a sweet lemon sauce
- 1 cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2-3 broccoli heads
- 1 can water chestnut cut in small pieces
- Sunflower seeds
- Green onions
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Basil ALWAYS dies? Here's what you're doing wrong
Basil is not only good, nutritious and tasty, it’s also a generous plant that regenerates constantly, as long as it’s properly cared for.
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
vegetarian stuffed mushroom
Remove stems from mushroom caps
- 2 packages whole mushrooms
- 2 cups parmasan cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoonpepper
- 16 oz whipped cream cheese
Is Grapeseed Oil Really As Healthy As It's Cracked Up To Be?
This olive oil substitute has become all the rage recently and is claimed to be a much healthier alternative... But is it really that good for you?
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere
- swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls
By InShapeMom, InShapeMom
Vegetarian cabbage rolls, you don't need meat to get great flavor in this tasty dish!!
- Large Head Of Cabbage
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 28oz Diced Tomatoes Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Spinach Washed & Squeezed
- 1/2 Broccoli Chopped Finely
- 2 - 10oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Washed & Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper
Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich (Vegetarian)
Toast bread rolls, add a portobello mushroom cap, a slice of fresh mozzerella, basil leaves, tomato slice, and sand
- Sliced bread rolls
- Portobello Mushroom
- Heirloom Tomato
- Fresh Mozzerella
- Basil leaves
- Optional: sandwich spread
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid chopped
- 1 19 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil