The best healthy vegetarian ideas - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Healthy vegetarian recipes
Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and...
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- thyme mix-2 tbsp
5 Healthy, Ramadan-friendly Recipes
Muslim dietician Nour Zibdeh shares 5 HEALTHY recipes you're SURE to enjoy!
Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with Water Chestnuts
This wonderful salad is full of veggies and covered in a sweet lemon sauce
- 1 cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2-3 broccoli heads
- 1 can water chestnut cut in small pieces
- Sunflower seeds
- Green onions
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Basil ALWAYS dies? Here's what you're doing wrong
Basil is not only good, nutritious and tasty, it’s also a generous plant that regenerates constantly, as long as it’s properly cared for.
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
vegetarian stuffed mushroom
Remove stems from mushroom caps
- 2 packages whole mushrooms
- 2 cups parmasan cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoonpepper
- 16 oz whipped cream cheese
Is Grapeseed Oil Really As Healthy As It's Cracked Up To Be?
This olive oil substitute has become all the rage recently and is claimed to be a much healthier alternative... But is it really that good for you?
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere
- swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls
By InShapeMom, InShapeMom
Vegetarian cabbage rolls, you don't need meat to get great flavor in this tasty dish!!
- Large Head Of Cabbage
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 28oz Diced Tomatoes Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Spinach Washed & Squeezed
- 1/2 Broccoli Chopped Finely
- 2 - 10oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Washed & Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper
Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich (Vegetarian)
Toast bread rolls, add a portobello mushroom cap, a slice of fresh mozzerella, basil leaves, tomato slice, and sand
- Sliced bread rolls
- Portobello Mushroom
- Heirloom Tomato
- Fresh Mozzerella
- Basil leaves
- Optional: sandwich spread
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid chopped
- 1 19 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil