Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich (Vegetarian)
- Sliced bread rolls
- Portobello Mushroom
- Heirloom Tomato
- Fresh Mozzerella
- Basil leaves
- Optional: sandwich spread, butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 1mins
Cost Average budget
Toast bread rolls, add a portobello mushroom cap, a slice of fresh mozzerella, basil leaves, tomato slice, and sandwich spread
You'll also love
- Homestyle Apple Sandwich 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Party Kabobs 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven Fried Rice 1/5 (2 Votes)
- Amish Sugar Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Pudding Chocolate... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper Steak Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.