Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich
- Sliced Bread Rolls
- Portobello Mushrooms (one per sandwich)
- Sliced Tomato
- Thickly Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Optional sandwich spread
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grill mushroom caps. Toast bread rolls. Layer on all ingredients, one slice of each per sandwich.
You'll also love
- Mini pizzas with summer vegetables 3.7/5 (82 Votes)
- Mushroom tartines 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lion's Mane Mushroom Alfredo Sauce 3.4/5 (124 Votes)
- Pizza with sausage, peppers and... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Ham,Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream of summer vegetable Soup 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Red Onion 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Parmesan 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.