Cream of summer vegetable Soup
By Caillebotte du blog Ma p'tite cantine
- 1 pound zucchinis
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 4 1/4 cups of the water
- scant 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 pinches of curry powder
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and chop the onion and garlic and cut the zucchini, bell pepper, seeded and diced tomatoes.
In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil, add vegetables and saute over high heat, salt, pepper and add curry powder and cilantro, cover with water and simmer gently for 20 min.
Stir in cream, puree and served hot or cold with croutons.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Soup 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Zucchini Stuffed with Merguez 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Sukiyaki 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Summer Cucumber Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cucumber / Salmon Verrines 2.7/5 (102 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chili That Doubles as Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Yassa zucchini 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!