Black Bean Soup
By Vekas Maria-Rodica
- 6 1/3 cups water
- 10 oz black beans
- 6 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 small pieces of celery chopped
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp strong chilli sauce (hot chili)
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of low-fat yogurt
- chili powder.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cost Average budget
Soak beans in water overnight. Drain.
Cover beans with chicken broth. Add the bouillon cubes, garlic, marjoram, bay leaves and vegetables. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
Stir in tomato paste, chili sauce and vinegar.
You'll also love
- Sukiyaki 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Hamburger, Potato Rival Soup A.K.A... 3.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Warm Potato Salad 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chili That Doubles as Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Spare Ribs 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Mac and Cheese 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Daddy's spare ribs 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Vegetables In Sweet And Sour Sauce... 4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!