Rabbit with Pastis Liqueur
By Bureau Katia
- - 4 medium fennel bulbs
- - 1 large green pepper
- - 1 large sweet onion
- - 4 legs or saddles of rabbit
- - Salt and pepper
- - oregano
- - 2 bay leaves
- - 1/2 cube of chicken stock
- - 3 tbsp. pastis*
- - 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- - Olive oil
- *A liqueur flavored with anise. Can be substituted with a French Vermouth like Noilly Prat
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Peel onion, cut in width and in length into a few thick slices (about 1/2 cm). Peel and wash the fennel, cut lengthwise and then into thirds lengthwise again. Wash and cut the pepper in half, deseed and cut the strips of 1 cm then cut into two.
Sauté the onion in 3 tablespoons olive oil, once translucent, add the chicken stock mixed with a small bowl of warm water. Add the bay leaves, a tablespoon pepper. Oregano, pastis, garlic and then the rabbit. Bake for 10 minutes.
Then add the peppers and fennel and simmer 30 to 40 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary (be careful not to over salt, the chicken stock already has a lot of salt!). Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Sleep Cycle/Sleeping Beauty 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Bread Pudding 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Potatoes with Thyme and Bay Leaves 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Quinoa Stuffed Portabella 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 3.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Light Spice Chicken Enchiladas 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tired of not knowing the best way to chop onion? Our video shows you the easiest way to cut an onion. Master this technique and you'll never shed another tear while chopping onions!