Spaghetti Sauce - Canned
- 1/2 Bushel tomatoes
- 3 Green peppers
- 6 Onions
- 4 - 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Salt
- 2 TBSP Basil
- 4 TBSP Oregano
- 2 Cans Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook tomatoes in boiling water to remove the skins.
Squish tomatoes up and add all ingredients except mushrooms. Colander mixture to remove all seeds.
Add remaining ingredients and cook until desired thickness.
Prepare jars fro canning.
Pre-heat oven to 250° and place jars in oven for 1 hour and then turn off oven. Let jars in oven overnight and cans will seal.
You'll also love
- Chicken salad with grapes 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Bow-Tie Pasta Salad with... 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Carpaccio of tomatoes with basil... 3.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Southwestern Spiced Broccoli and... 3.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Homemade Skyline Chili 3.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Grandma Jensens Spaghetti 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Ratatouille 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Spaghetti 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!