Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 T oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 T minced garlic
- 2 T dried oregano
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 T sugar
- Pinche of Salt
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in frying pan, add onion and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
Add tomato sauce and water.
Add diced tomatoes and can of tomato pasted and stir until mixed well.
Bring to a low boil and add garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, thyme, bay leaves, sugar and salt.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add meatballs to sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve sauce over hot noodles with a little bit of Parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.
You'll also love
- Lunch Pasta Salad 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Southwestern Spiced Broccoli and... 3.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Tomato, Basil and Cheese Baked... 3/5 (14 Votes)
- Spinach Balls 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Sauce 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Spaghetti 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Grandma Jensens Spaghetti 3.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cauliflower pasta 2.8/5 (43 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!