Parmesan-Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using a sharp knife, halve the squash lengthwise. Using a sturdy spoon, remove the seeds (as if removing seeds from a pumpkin). Place the halves, cut side down, in a large roasting pan. Add enough water to the pan to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the squash halves. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Flip the squash halves over, cover with foil, cook 15 more minutes, until the flesh is very tender and pulls apart easily when tested with a fork
3. Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil and cool slightly. When the squash is cool enough to handle, run a fork through the flesh to separate it into strands. Discard the outer skin. Transfer the squash (which now looks like spaghetti) to a large bowl and set aside)
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the squash and Parmesan cheese and cook 1 to 2 minutes to heat through, stirring frequently. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Great Red Pepper and Beef Chili... 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Pasta 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato and Tomato Puree 2.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Grilled Yam Delights 2.8/5 (39 Votes)
- Salad with Eggs and Creamy Garlic... 2.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls 3.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Parmesean crusted chicken 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!