Chicken Drumsticks with Vegetables
By Nath'aelle du blog A la soupe !
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/2 lbs of carrots
- 1 1/2 lbs of potatoes
- 2 onions
- generous 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt, pepper, tarragon
- Espelette pepper (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 410 ° F
Oil a large baking dish.
Arrange the drumsticks. Salt and pepper and sprinkle with tarragon.
Peel, wash and cut vegetables into small pieces - the carrots and potatoes into cubes. Slice the onions.
Arrange vegetables around the meat.
Baste meat and vegetables with the chicken stock.
Bake for about 45 minutes, basting with cooking juices several times.
Once the meat and vegetables are cooked, transfer the broth to a saucepan to make a gravy. Ad more chicken stock if you need more. Add a little flour to thicken.
Sprinkle drumsticks with a pinch of Espelette pepper or paprika.
Coat the vegetables and chicken with gravy.
You'll also love
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegetable Puree 3/5 (263 Votes)
- Squid Provencal 3.4/5 (210 Votes)
- Curried Halibut en Papillote 3.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Pureed Carrots 3.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Granny's Meatball Surprise 2.9/5 (6 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Gravy 3.3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!