Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie
This is a mexican casserole that uses tofu, potatoes, and red onions.
- 5 red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu, cubed
- 1 sm pkg cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 mushroom bullion cube, broken up
- 2 cups old cheddar, shredded
- 1 lg log goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Caramelize onion. Fry tofu in sesame oil until browned.
In an oiled casserole dish, spread tortillas on bottom and sides. Add onions and jalapenos, and tofu.
Mix together cream, cheeses, and spices. Pour over potato mixture. Top with tortillas.
Bake for 50 minutes at 425*F or until potatoes are cooked through. Serve with salsa.
You'll also love
- Out of this world okra meat pie! 3/5 (18 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 3/5 (18 Votes)
- Potato and Tomato Puree 3/5 (38 Votes)
- Eclair Pie 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 3/5 (10 Votes)
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Loaded Hash Brown Casserole 3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheesy Garlic Baked Chicken 3.3/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.