- Pie crust
- 5-6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all together. Pour into crust. Pat down with a spoon.
Dot filling with butter.
Bake @ 350 for 50 min or until filling is bubbling through vents.
You'll also love
- Butter Tarts 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Fig Cookies 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Green Apple Ginger Polenta 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Whisler's Chocolate Silk Pie 3/5 (10 Votes)
- Snickers Apples 3.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Nana's Pastry aka Batchelor's Pie... 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.