Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 (11-1/2-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat,
stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely
covering bottom half of each cup. Chill cups about 30 minutes, or until firm.
In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.)
Spoon evenly into chocolate cups and press down firmly.
Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until
mixture is smooth. Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (405 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Lavender Loaf 5/5 (49 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn This 4-ingredient peanut butter... 4.2/5 (102 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.