Fresh Homemade Pasta
By Mathilde , blog Mathilde en Cuisine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- A little water if necessary
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl or food processor bowl, add the flour and mix with the eggs, olive oil and salt. Add a little water if necessary to be able to form mixture into a ball of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Flour balls and flatten slightly. Send 2 times through a pasta maker making each piece of dough flatten in the machine at the widest setting, number one for me. Folding the rolled dough in 2 and then putting it in the machine 2 times again.
Next, change the setting from step 2 and return the dough to the machine 3 times without bending. If the rolled dough becomes too long, cut in 2 and continue. Proceed in this manner until the dough is thin enough (I changed the setting to a 7 notch but you can stop at setting 5 or 6 because the dough can get too thin and tear).
Dry the crusts for 30 minutes on a broomstick placed between two chairs and covered with a clean cloth or on a clothesline. Place the dough in the pasta cutting machine. I chose to make linguini but you can also make saghettis, etc. ...
• To cook, bring a large amount of salted water and cook the pasta a few minutes (about 3 to 5 minutes + or - depending on thickness). Serve hot with sauce of your choice.
You'll also love
- Fresh Pasta 3.2/5 (302 Votes)
- Chicken Parmigiana 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic White Bread 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Pasta 3.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Spaghetti 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Homemade Rice A Roni 3.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Grandma's Homemade Noodles 2/5 (47 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?
Review this recipe