- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat non gmo penne pasta
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2/3 large jar of salsa
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the penne pasta according to the manufacturer's directions.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients:
Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
Slice the peppers into bite sized chunks.
Slice the red or white sweet onion.
Stir fry the chicken in a large nonstick pan or wok for 5 minutes turning frequently. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the peppers and continue cooking until they are almost cooked.
Add the salsa and continue to stir the meat & vegetable mixture until the salsa is heated through, then remove from heat.
Drain the pasta, add the meat mixture and stir to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
Sprinkle the cheeses on top, cover and let stand 2-3 minutes before serving to allow the cheese to melt.
Serve with a side salad or cooked spinach.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Sneaky Eggplant Sloppy Joes 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Vodka Penne 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Meat Balls 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- home made dinner bowls 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Olive Oil,... 3.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Pot Pie 3.2/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.