Penne recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Penne recipes
Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil
- Diced chicken or shrimp
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups or less chicken stock
- pinch of basil
- 1 pint of heavy cream
A favourite pasta dish in our house with a bit of zing!
- 1 Package cooked penne pasta
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 hot italian sausages
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 2 tbs vodka
- 2 tbs parsley
DIRECTIONS: Cook the penne pasta according to the manufacturer's directions
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat non gmo penne pasta
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 2/3 large jar of salsa
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Chicken Pasta Dinner
A hearty supper that tastes great and is adaptable for anyone's personal tastes!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups of mixed raw chopped vegetables, such as peppers, onions, broccoli, grated carrots, snow peas, canned peas, corn, etc. (mix and match your favourites)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked rotini, shell or penne pasta (or what ever you choose)
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 14 oz can diced tomates with garlic in olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Baked Penne or Ravioli
Cook noodles till they are almost done, then drain, and pour into baking dish
- I batch tomato sauce + a sprinkle of Italian herb, sage, parsley, and basil
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 half a small container of ricotta
- 1 box penne noodles or Frozen Ravioli