Chorizo and Mozzarella Ravioli
- Half a recipe of basic egg pasta
- Ravioli Filling:
- 100 g Chorizo, chopped
- 1 Cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup finely grated mozzarella
- Pasta Sauce:
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed, finely chopped, or finely grated
- 400 g tomatoes (fresh or canned, whatever is most readily available)
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Make the pasta dough following the directions on the recipe. You can use either a pasta machine or a rolling pin.
Make the filling by frying the chorizo with chilli flakes, salt, and pepper for about 4-5 minutes. Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Process to a fine mixture in a food processor or with a stick blender. Set aside.
Once the pasta is rested and rolled out into thin sheets make your pasta into shapes (use your imagination!), then cut out pieces using a cookie cutter, alternatively just use a pasta cutter (or pizza cutter) to divide into sections.
Fill the pasta by adding approximately teaspoon amounts of the filling mixture to the centre of a piece of pasta, top with a pinch of mozzarella. Take another piece of pasta, brush the edges with egg + water and seal over top of the filled piece, use a fork to press the edges of the two pieces together. Repeat this until all the pasta is filled. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for about 4 minutes, stirring so that it doesn't stick. Removing from the pot using a slotted spoon.
Make the sauce by frying the onion and garlic in a fry pan, add the tomatoes (if fresh, diced) balsamic, salt, and vinegar. Once nice and hot, blend in a food processor and using a stick blender.
You'll also love
- Chorizo & Eggs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Ravioli Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chorizo Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Egg Noodle Pasta 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Ravioli 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cajun Pasta 4.4/5 (9 Votes)