Food trend: It’s time to make DESSERT tacos! Here's how.
Tacos are tortillas filled with savory toppings and eaten with your hands. But have you tried DESSERT tacos? Here are 15 ways to make 'em!
Whipped cream fruit dreams
Fold your tortilla and fill it with homemade whipped cream. Top with washed and quartered strawberries. You can add other fruits, such as sliced kiwi or banana.
As for the whipped cream, the secret to keeping it nice and fluffy is to place the cream, mixing bowl and whisk into the freezer for about 15 minutes before preparing. To make, combine 8 ounces of liquid cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and start gently whisking the ingredients together. Gradually increase the intensity until the cream becomes quite thick. You can add a few drops of vanilla extract for flavoring.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.