Duo of Chocolate Mousse with Espelette Pepper
- - 3.5 oz white chocolate
- - 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- - 3 Egg white
- - 2 tablespoons cream
- - Espelette Pepper
- - 1 sheet of gelatin
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1 Prepare the white chocolate mousse: melt 1 tablespoon of cream in a saucepan, remove from heat add white chocolate and mix. Soften gelatin in a little cold water. Add it to the white chocolate mixture, then gently add an egg white that has been beaten until stiff. Fill the bottom of small glass container and refrigerate.
Prepare the dark chocolate mousse: Melt dark chocolate with 1 tablespoon cream. Add the Espelette pepper according to your taste. Beat 2 egg whites and gently fold in chocolate. Finish filling the glasses and refrigerate several hours before serving. Decorate with white chocolate shavings. Serve chilled
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!