By Stephatable du blog STEPH à table
Strawberry Spheres. Discover our recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- scant 1/2 cup flour
- 4 egg whites
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- strawberry mousse:
- 8 oz strawberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- generous 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Heart: Strawberry Jam
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400F
For the cookie: Mix in a bowl, ground almonds, sugar, flour. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and add to dry mixture. Melt butter in a saucepan and add the dough. Pour this batter into half circle molds. Bake at 400 ° F until the dough is cooked (about 15 minutes). Let cool before unmolding.
Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of water. Wash and hull the strawberries.
Mix them with the lemon juice and add sugar. Pour this mixture into a saucepan and add the gelatin softened and drained. Stir until they melt. Cool
Whip the cream, well in cold bowl
When the strawberry mixture is cooled, add the whipped cream.
Pour into half circle molds. Place a few hours in the freezer.
Dig the center of the half circle cakes with a melon baller. Garnish the center with jam. Turn out the half sphere of frozen strawberry mousse and place it on the cake. Thaw. Serve
You'll also love
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry Bavarian 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Bavarian Cream 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Diane's Pear Apple Napoleon 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet Matia 2.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Oatmeal Cookies with Walnut and... 2.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies 2.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Cake II 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!