Fresh Strawberry Cake II
- 2 10 oz boxes frozen strawberries
- thawed and drained (reserve juice)
- 1 box strawberry jello (small)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 10 inch Angel Food cake
- 2 cups whipping cream (or Cool Whip)
- 1 cup strawberry juice (from frozen strawberries)
- 1 Tbls corn starch
- 1 Tbls butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dissolve jello in boiling water, then add ice water. Refrigerate until thickened slightly.
Tear cake into bite sized pieces.
Whip cream if not using Cool Whip.
Remove thickened jello from refrigerator and whip until foamy.
Fold strawberries, cake pieces and whipped cream into whipped jello.
Pack mixture into buttered tube pan and chill overnight.
Combine reserved strawberry juice, corn starch and butter in a small pan. Cook until thickened and clear.
Cool and pour over cake (after removing it from tube pan).
You'll also love
- Best Strawberry Cake 1.8/5 (63 Votes)
- Super Easy Boxed Strawberry Cake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Jell-O Cake 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Peppermint Bars 2.7/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer Italian Pasta Salad 2.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cinnamon Buns 2.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Bourbon Peaches and Cream Popsicle 2.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Jello Shots 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!