Fresh Strawberry Jell-O Cake
- 2 small packages strawberry jello (or 1 large package)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 10 oz. package frozen strawberries
- 1 9 oz. Angel Food cake
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a bowl bigger than the angel food cake, pour boiling water into jello and stir thoroughly.
Stir frozen strawberries into jello until they thaw and mix.
Refrigerate until syrupy.
Push cake down into syrupy jello/strawberry mix and return to refrigerator. Weight the cake down with a plate if necessary to keep it in the jello.
Chill until firm.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!