Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
from Grandma Nelson
- 6 large eggs
- 1.5 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- berries & whipped cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Place all ingredients in food processor.
Process for 3 minutes.
Grease 9 x 13 pan and line with wax paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins.
Fill with berries & serve with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Cream of celery and green apple... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Karadai (vella adai and uppu... 2.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chicken and Mushroom Empanadas... 2.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ M&M Mufffins 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ M&M Yogurt Cake 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fruit and Nut Cake 2.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Carrot Brownie 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!