Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint Croutons
By Aurore , blog Essais gourmands
- 1 1/3 lbs Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- diluted in 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pinches of hazelnuts
- 8-12 slices of bread
- 8-12 drops of essential oil diluted with mint
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the Jerusalem artichokes, and cut into equal cubes for even cooking. Sauté over high heat for 1 minute in a pot to pop flavors. Add the chicken broth to the artichokes, and the thyme, and simmer over medium heat for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Cut 8 to 12 slices (2 to 3 per person) of bread, and grill 10 minutes at 400 ° F. When the slices are toasted, put drops of essential oil with mint in a small container, and brush the slices quickly with a pastry brush.
- When the artichokes are cooked, mix them with salt, pepper, and cream. Puree if you like.
- Serve immediately, with nuts on top and mint croutons.
- Mint blends well with the artichoke!
You'll also love
- Avize Onion soup 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Oxtail Soup 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Italian Florentine Cookies 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Artichoke 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Homemade Croutons 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Stuffed Apricots 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Carpaccio of tomatoes with basil... 3.6/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.