Pork Chops with Cheese and Walnuts
By Henriette Cubilier
- 2 pork chops
- 3 oz chaource*
- 1 1/2 tbs butter
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 scant cup whole sour cream
- 8 oz artichoke hearts, drained
- Some walnuts
- Salt and pepper.
- *Chaorce is a soft french cheese. If unable to find substitute with brie or camembert.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a skillet, brown pork chops on each side. Add salt and pepper.
In a plate, with fork, mash the cheese. Add the sour cream and mustard. Mix well Brush each pork chop with the mixture. Melt over low heat 10 minutes.
Rinse and drain the artichokes, cut in two. In a skillet melt butter. Add artichokes and gently brown.
Place in serving dish the pork chops, and sauce, surrounded by small artichokes sprinkled with walnuts.
You'll also love
- Salad "Necklace" 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Creamy Lentils, Potatoes, Goat... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Poppy Seed Cake 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Mac and Cheddar Cheese with... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Butter Tart Filling 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucumbers in Sour cream 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Feta Cheese Crumble Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!