Banana Bread with Maraschino Cherries
This original bread recipe not only contains delicious bananas, but Maraschino cherries! Truly unique and delicious recipe. A must-try!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter or shortening
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup maraschino cherries (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mashed bananas
Cream sugar, shortening & egg.
Add sour cream and mix well.
Mix in 1 cup sifted flour, soda & salt. Add bananas, mix and then the remaining flour mixture.
Add walnuts & cherries.
Put into greased loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour at 325 F.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Brownies with Nuts 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING (stovetop method) 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Carmel Apple Nut Goodies 3.4/5 (74 Votes)
- French Riviera Torte 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Curd "peat" cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Basic fancy biscuits 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana split 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana Avocado Baby Food 4/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Wondering why we've made a video how to peel a banana? Thinking you already know how it's done? Are you sure? What if we told you you've been peeling bananas the Wrong Way?! Watch the video to find out how you'll be peeling banana's from now on!