Fantastic grilled artichoke recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Grilled artichoke recipes
Spinach and Artichoke Melts
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%, but whatever you have will be fine)
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 5 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (6.7 ounce) jar grilled artichoke hearts or you can sub marinated artichokes, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and sliced thin (optional)
- 8 slices thick sourdough or tuscan bread
- butter, for spreading
10 foods to curb your carbs at night
By DE: Oda
Cutting your carbs at night is especially helpful in preventing weight gain. Here are 10 foods to help you make delicious, low-carb meals!
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint Croutons
By Aurore , blog Essais gourmands
Peel the Jerusalem artichokes, and cut into equal cubes for even cooking
- 1 1/3 lbs Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cube of chicken stock, diluted in 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pinches of hazelnuts
- 8-12 slices of bread
- 8-12 drops of essential oil diluted with mint
10 cheap and delicious foods to make healthy eating a breeze
By Déborah Deprez
Eating healthy doesn't have to cost you a fortune. Stock up on these 10 foods, and you're on your way to better health without going broke.
Grilled Artichokes with Garlic Lemon Aioli
By saltandpaper, Salt + Paper
It doesn't have to be all about "sweets" on the special day, savory can be romantic too! There's just something rea...
- 2 large globe artichokes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Grilled Artichoke, Chicken & Bacon Naan Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- 2 8-inch pieces Naan bread
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup Cara Mia Grilled Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded