Recipes for croutons - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Croutons recipes
Grandma's Caesar Salad
This Caesar Salad recipe is made extra special with the addition of Worcestershire sauce!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 halved garlic clove
- 1/3 cup oil (75ml)
- 1 cup french bread cubes with crusts removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 anchovy filets (drained and chopped)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint Croutons
By Aurore , blog Essais gourmands
Peel the Jerusalem artichokes, and cut into equal cubes for even cooking
- 1 1/3 lbs Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cube of chicken stock, diluted in 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pinches of hazelnuts
- 8-12 slices of bread
- 8-12 drops of essential oil diluted with mint
"These croutons are light and crisp, and taste good on a salad or crush them and they make amazing bread crumbs for
- 8 slices of homemade or bought bread
- 4 TB Parmesean cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 4 TB oil
Carpaccio of tomatoes with basil and croutons
By Chef Christophe
- Cut the bread into small cubes of 1cm max
- 8 oz beef steak tomato
- 8 oz pineapple tomatoes
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 slices of stale or day old bread
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- Fleur de sel
- Oil for frying
Savory Breakfast Casserole
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
Easy to make and full of flavor
- 1 lb. pork sausage (maple flavor or sage)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 bags cheddar cheese ( at least 4 cups)
- Box of cheddar garlic croutons (Marie Calendar good brand)