10 surprising ways to eat watermelon this summer
We just can't seem to get enough watermelon! Here are 10 recipes to celebrate this pinkalicious fruit in both its sweet and savory glory!
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a cold soup. Adding some watermelon to your homemade gazpacho is a surefire way to freshen up this classic summer soup. To make it at home, simply place 6 tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, a bit of fresh mint and parsley, the juice of 1 lemon and 2 slices of peeled watermelon into a blender. Season with salt and blend until smooth. You can also add 1/2 a jalapeno if you want some spice. Chill the gazpacho for a couple of hours in the fridge, then top with a bit of crumbled feta right before serving.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!