- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 8 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If desired, place flour mixture into the work bowl of a food processor with the butter; pulse several times to cut butter into the flour mixture. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and proceed.)
Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
Drop 1/3-cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
Serve the strawberries with juice over the biscuits.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Shortcake strawberry goo 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Not Grandmoms Strawberry Shortcake 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Melon Citrus Salad 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pina Colada Bread 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Cake II 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Hazelnut Cake 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chicken and Mushroom Empanadas... 2.6/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!