Simple Green Smoothie (Green Wonder)
I bought some food pouches 2 weeks ago and was wondering what I could blend together for preparing a healthy AND delicious food for my kids. And so tried different things, but always fruit. Today I tried a mixture of veggie and fruits, and TATAAA, it worked so well and my babe loves it!
- 1 peeled and seeded pear
- 1 peeled and seeded apple (granny smith)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach (or even frozen leaf spinach)
- 150ml orange juice (I choose mild one)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Put everything in your mixer and blend it very well
- Ready to serve in a glass, bottle with a wide nipple or in a food pouch so that the baby can eat alone. It will love it!!
If possible go with your kids to the local farmers market to buy the ingredients for your food. It is fun, interesting and so good to get them to eat the healthy things.
You'll also love
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Delicious Baked Cod 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Tilaphia with rice and tomatoes 3.6/5 (118 Votes)
- Gone bananas for gold 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Berry Avocado Spinach Minaj 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Spinach and Pea Puree 3.1/5 (151 Votes)
- Trudy's Austrian Coffee 4.7/5 (62 Votes)
- Nanking Cherry Liquer 4/5 (79 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!